Home
2nd June: Ludacris and Kanye West Win Trial

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dice
Mod
Mod

Posts per day: 0.42

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: 2nd June: Ludacris and Kanye West Win Trial Reply with quote

Kanye West and Ludacris were cleared yesterday of claims they had ‘borrowed’ rhythms and phrases from a New Jersey band.

Four-piece I.O.F. (short for It’s Only Family) had accused the pair of nicking lyrics from their track Straight Like That for Luda’s 2003 hit Stand Up, which was co-produced by Kanye. But lawyers for the pair argued that the first time they’d heard the track was when the lawsuit was filed.

I.O.F.’s manager Jeff Billingsley said the band will appeal, and added: “Probably Ludacris feels good that he got over this, but he has not gotten away.”

^^^ I never herd the songs that they supposedly lifted, if anyone could up it ide be grateful.

mynameisnik
V.I.P.

Posts per day: 1.22

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some greedy ass people just tryin to make money

Post new topic       RapCentral Forum Index -> Ear To Tha Street All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: