Home
1st June: Gnarls Barkley Retire 'Crazy' Single

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitEmUpRobbo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posts per day: 7.72

votes: 23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: 1st June: Gnarls Barkley Retire 'Crazy' Single Reply with quote

--------------------------------------
Date: 1st June 2006
HEADLINE: Gnarls Barkley Retire 'Crazy' Single
Source: RapCentral.co.uk

--------------------------------------

After nine weeks at the top of the UK charts Gnarls Barkley's first single "Crazy" is being retired.

The song made UK music history when it became the first to top the UK singles chart entirely off download sales. Since the song's debut the Danger Mouse/Cee Lo collaboration has overtaken the UK music scene - selling over 700,000 copies and dominating the #1 single spot for nine weeks, the longest running top song in over ten years. By deleting the song this week, "Crazy" will be retired as a #1 song. A second single "Smiley Faces" is scheduled to be released on July 17th.

"I consider myself a realist. I suppose that goes for most of us. But I have found a way to at once hold them, fold them, walk away and run. This was not a painless decision. But pain is nothing but a bi-product of beauty. Potentially toxic, to be sure, but that's all it is," Gnarls Barkley stated in regards to the subject of the deleted single.

In RapCentral.co.uk related news, Gnarls Barkley has been confirmed for a performance at this year's July 8th MTV Movie Awards. Actress Jessica Alba will be hosting the show. It's anyone's guess what the zany band will wear for their MTV performance, having donned Wizard of Oz costumes for their Coachella performance and bathrobes for an appearance on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien."

booj1893
M.V.P.

Posts per day: 4.76

votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hes makin a good decision retiring the song at #1 cos i hate when songs which are number 1 then still get played n are falling down the charts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RapCentral Forum Index -> Ear To Tha Street All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: