RapCentral • View topic - 10/AUG/07: 50 Retires if Curtis Doesn't Outsell Graduation

10/AUG/07: 50 Retires if Curtis Doesn't Outsell Graduation

Discuss anything and everything to do with hip hop inside here. Just please do not post downloads in here, post them in our download forum, and dont post news here, pop that in our Ear To The Street forum.

10/AUG/07: 50 Retires if Curtis Doesn't Outsell Graduation

Postby God's Son on Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:32 pm

50 Cent is a big time gambler. He bet one million on his boy Floyd Mayweather during his bout with Oscar de la Hoya. Now, 50 will put his entire career on the line for one match.

His opponent? Kanye West.

According to a report by the New York Daily News, 50 vows to retire if his upcoming album, Curtis, fails to out sell West’s highly anticipated Graduation

"Let's raise the stakes," he says. "If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer [perform] music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out any more solo albums."

The usually outspoken West has not said much about the “competition” with 50, but declined an offer to debate the G-Unit head on BET. What am I going to debate about?" West asked at the MTV Award nominations. "I thought [the debate] was the stupidest thing. When my album drops and Fifty's album drops, you're going to get a lot of good music at the same time."

50, however, will not stop talking about Sept. 11 and had some strong words for West’s album and Def Jam, accusing the label of dishonest industry practices. “I bet this: When Kanye West's sales come in, he's gonna have a 70% decrease cause Def Jam is gonna buy records [the first week] to keep him closer to 50 Cent. So watch the first week and then watch the second week. Watch his ass drop off the planet."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OWWW SHIT now all his fanboyz gonna buy this album 3 times :lol:
God's Son
M.V.P.

google adsense
Google

Postby abilitee on Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:42 pm

haha I wish I could hack markb1's paypal account and get the money he's going to forkout for 32 copies of Curtis.
[center]Image[/center]
abilitee
M.V.P.

Favourite Rapper: Joey B
Favourite Album: Mood Muzik's
Favourite Song: Musical ones

Postby Shenron on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:06 pm

cheap, cheap, cheap move by 50 here, but i hope to god it doesnt go plat
Shenron
Mod
Mod

Favourite Rapper: 2pac
Favourite Album: All Eyez On Me

Postby snes on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:14 pm

think i may go out and buy kanye's cd just cuz of this
snes
V.I.P.

KANYE

Postby dreplaya10 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:38 pm

Kanye got 50 in da album i would personally chose kanye if i wanted to buy there albums but 50 will probally sell more i dont kno why but i just feel dat way! They are both good artist even though i hate 50 but i dont think hip hop will be da same if it doesnt have kanye west he susposed to be da next tupac
AY BAY BAY
dreplaya10
RC Young Buck

Re: KANYE

Postby loenatic on Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:46 am

dreplaya10 wrote:Kanye got 50 in da album i would personally chose kanye if i wanted to buy there albums but 50 will probally sell more i dont kno why but i just feel dat way! They are both good artist even though i hate 50 but i dont think hip hop will be da same if it doesnt have kanye west he susposed to be da next tupac

there wont be a next tupac :roll:
2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUCKmTHYoDQ[/youtube]
loenatic
M.V.P.

Re: KANYE

Postby markb1 on Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:33 am

dreplaya10 wrote:Kanye got 50 in da album i would personally chose kanye if i wanted to buy there albums but 50 will probally sell more i dont kno why but i just feel dat way! They are both good artist even though i hate 50 but i dont think hip hop will be da same if it doesnt have kanye west he susposed to be da next tupac

who said this? :shock:
kanye is good and as much as i do like 50 but both aint got shit on pac.
as loe said,there will never be another pac.
markb1
M.V.P.

Favourite Rapper: 50 Cent
Favourite Album: The Black Album
Favourite Song: In Da Club

Postby Shaydie_Bone on Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:55 am

lmao this is fucking childish, just more proof he only cares about sales :roll:
[center]Image
------------------------------------------------------------------
http://royalcrownz.blogspot.com[/center]
Shaydie_Bone
M.V.P.

Postby Vendetta on Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:29 am

fuck kanye is some fake rapper dont even write his own shit
Vendetta
V.I.P.

Postby loenatic on Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:28 pm

Vendetta wrote:fuck kanye is some fake rapper dont even write his own shit
alot of rappers didnt write there own shit .... probably rappers who in your top ten
2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUCKmTHYoDQ[/youtube]
loenatic
M.V.P.

Postby illseed on Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:57 am

Kanye's shit is weak. 50 is gonna outweigh him come 9/11. Best believe that lol.
illseed
RC Young Buck

Postby booj1893 on Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:41 pm

lol i seriously want kanye to out sell 50 would be funny because he obviously doesn't think he will lose otherwise he wouldnt have said what he has
Imperfection is inherited, therefore we all sin, but fighting the war of sin is the greatest war of all because we all die in the end no matter how hard we fight.
booj1893
M.V.P.

Favourite Rapper: Jedi Mind Tricks
Favourite Album: S.I.H.K,I.H
Favourite Song: razorblade salvation

Postby spirydush on Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:43 am

we'll gonna see after 11/09/2007 what will happen...
[center]Image[/center]

[center]let my fly or give me death...[/center]
spirydush
Mod
Mod

Postby markb1 on Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:20 pm

the deal he has with interscope means he cant stop putting out solo cds after curtis.
curtis will be his 3rd solo cd,he has a 5 album deal,if he stopped putting out albums after the third,interscope would sue his ass off.
wont happen,trust me.
Last edited by markb1 on Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markb1
M.V.P.

Postby markb1 on Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:24 pm

Shaydie_Bone wrote:lmao this is fucking childish, just more proof he only cares about sales :roll:

without this turning into a big 50 debate,honestly im not in the humur for that. :D
but can you pleas name me anyone who doesnt care about sales,at least 3 or 4 rappers,because you seem to put 50 in a bracket on his own as far as being the only rapper in the business who is only interested in sales.
markb1
M.V.P.

Postby Clear on Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:06 pm

i really don't like kanye west's music and so far curtis is soundin a lot better than the massacre
i wouldnt mind this but if 50 keeps makin tracks like the leaked tracks from curtis then it would be arite 4 him 2 keep makin his music 2 that level
Props to Hollus for this sig and for my avvy.
Clear
S-Mod
S-Mod

Postby Shaydie_Bone on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:27 pm

markb1 wrote:
Shaydie_Bone wrote:lmao this is fucking childish, just more proof he only cares about sales :roll:

without this turning into a big 50 debate,honestly im not in the humur for that. :D
but can you pleas name me anyone who doesnt care about sales,at least 3 or 4 rappers,because you seem to put 50 in a bracket on his own as far as being the only rapper in the business who is only interested in sales.

50 definitly ain't the only one and of course nobody is making music for free
but there are enough rappers who just like to rap and keep putting out music even tho they ain't selling much

And with this move (honestly I don't think it's true, just a way to get more sales imo) he's just sayin I don't care about hiphop, it's just a way to make tons of money, and if he ain't making as much as he wants he would just quit making music
[center]Image
Shaydie_Bone
M.V.P.

Postby markb1 on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:51 pm

Shaydie_Bone wrote:
markb1 wrote:

but there are enough rappers who just like to rap and keep putting out music even tho they ain't selling much

And with this move (honestly I don't think it's true, just a way to get more sales imo) he's just sayin I don't care about hiphop, it's just a way to make tons of money, and if he ain't making as much as he wants he would just quit making music

thats my point,they may not be selling much but they still have to sell.
so its retarded to say 50 only cares about sales,because every single rapper cares about sales.

and im not doubting that 50 loves money(name me someone who doesnt)but the guy just got paid between 100 and 400 million for his share in vitamin water,i seriously doubt money is his only incentive for making music.

but again,theres not 1 rapper in the world that turns down a pay check because their only in it for the love of the music.
markb1
M.V.P.

Postby Shaydie_Bone on Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:32 pm

markb1 wrote:
Shaydie_Bone wrote:
markb1 wrote:

so its retarded to say 50 only cares about sales,because every single rapper cares about sales.

and im not doubting that 50 loves money(name me someone who doesnt)but the guy just got paid between 100 and 400 million for his share in vitamin water,i seriously doubt money is his only incentive for making music.

but again,theres not 1 rapper in the world that turns down a pay check because their only in it for the love of the music.

that's true man

but my point was there are people who's albums don't sell a lot but keep puttin em out, but if 50 isn't gonna sell what's enough for him he's not gonna put out music anymore
[center]Image
Shaydie_Bone
M.V.P.

Postby markb1 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:20 pm

Shaydie_Bone wrote:
markb1 wrote:
Shaydie_Bone wrote:
markb1 wrote:

that's true man

but my point was there are people who's albums don't sell a lot but keep puttin em out, but if 50 isn't gonna sell what's enough for him he's not gonna put out music anymore

he may have said that but legally its not possible for him to do that,he cant stop making solo cds until his contract is up.
markb1
M.V.P.

Postby dyngman on Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:49 pm

I hope Kanye outsells him
dyngman
RC Young Buck

Postby Sterziate on Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:12 pm

ther trippin
Sterziate