Home
16/JAN/08: Nate Dogg Suffers Stroke

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostsoul89
Mod
Mod

Posts per day: 5.87

votes: 24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: 16/JAN/08: Nate Dogg Suffers Stroke Reply with quote

Quote:
Singer and Hip Hop feature go-to man Nate Dogg recently suffered a stroke, according to TMZ.com.
Since then, the 911 call that was made after Nate suffered what was initially described as a "heart attack," arose.

"My boyfriend had a heart attack," repeatedly said the woman who called 911. She confirmed that the singer experienced nausea, but did not have difficulty breathing.
The 38-year old cousin of Snoop Dogg was released from the hospital on December 26, and is currently in a medical rehabilitation facility.
Since 2003's self-titled disc, Nate Dogg, aside from the 213 album, has been mainly doing feature work with artists.
A recording of the 911 call be found here, courtesy of TMZ.com.

Shocked get well soon

Dazzla
V.I.P.

Posts per day: 3.32

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again? or is it the same 1 that posted before

Shenron
Mod
Mod

Posts per day: 4.68

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ well i aint heard this. thats too bad man. hope he's alright

josip-zgb
V.I.P.

Posts per day: 0.67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah man, I agree... hope his ok now.. It woul really be BIG lost to lose some1 like Nate!

JohnnieUpahts
V.I.P.

Posts per day: 1.59

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn...hopefully he getz betta soon

markb1
M.V.P.

Posts per day: 5.42

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazzla wrote:
again? or is it the same 1 that posted before

same,i posted this weeks back.

an update,sad but it looks like he will make a full recovery which is great.

Former Death Row recording artist and noted collaborator Nate Dogg is paralyzed on the left side of his body after suffering a mild stroke over the holidays, according to his manager. As MTV News previously reported, Dogg (real name: Nathaniel Hale) is currently in an occupational rehab facility.

The prognosis for a full recovery, however, is good, Nate's rep, Rod McGrew, told MTV News on Thursday night; the singer did not suffer any brain damage nor has his voice been affected, he said.

"Time will tell everything, obviously. The doctor can only guess what the outcome will be," McGrew said. "But based on situations with similar people his age, and based on his health, the prognosis is good right now."

McGrew explained the singer has "neural-muscular issues that have to be jump-started." Those issues extend to his sense of touch and the ability to walk correctly, McGrew said.

Initially, there were conflicting reports surrounding the status of Nate Dogg's health. There was word he'd had a heart attack, before it was correctly noted he suffered from a stroke instead. Also, conflicting reports arose regarding his release from the hospital and whether or not the singer was recovering at his home.

The media interest continued earlier this week when TMZ released an audio clip that McGrew confirmed was Nate Dogg's girlfriend phoning 911 after the singer collapsed.

The reaction to clip — bloggers joked about the caller's monotonous tone during such a crisis — drew McGrew's ire. He said he was dismayed over the interest in such a thing and intends to pursue legal action, although he did not specify what his plans are.

"I'm not sure what people are trying to glean from that tape," he said. "The diagnosis is what it is, and the prognosis is what it is: He had a stroke. The media wants to create something, but I'm not sure what the point is. If you had an emergency and someone was in your presence, they would call 911.

"I'm not in a situation to see who is doing what, but rather tending to [Nate] and making sure he gets back on track," he added.

McGrew requested his client be given as much privacy as possible so his recovery can continue. He has made progress so far, McGrew said, and noted that the singer welcomes all the support he's received since word of his stroke surfaced.

"On behalf of Nate, he would like to thank all of the well wishers, both friends and fans," McGrew said. "He appreciates it deeply, and he plans on fully recuperating and getting back in the studio."

blacksun
RC Young Buck

Posts per day: 0.5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn he's to young be getting that sick he must not be taking care of him self

HitEmUpRobbo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posts per day: 7.98

votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, props on the update mark, wish nate the best in recovery

*MOB*STAR*
RC Young Buck

Posts per day: 0.55

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he gets better

jayrdonn
RC Young Buck

Posts per day: 5.3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope he gets betta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RapCentral Forum Index -> Ear To Tha Street All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: