Home
21/FEB/08: Webbie / Promoter Clash Over $1 Million Lawsuit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitEmUpRobbo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posts per day: 7.83

votes: 22

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: 21/FEB/08: Webbie / Promoter Clash Over $1 Million Lawsuit Reply with quote

Louisiana rapper Webbie confronted the woman behind a $1 million dollar lawsuit yesterday (February 20), during a radio interview in Baltimore, MD. The incident, which occurred as Webbie appeared on the Big Phat Morning Show on WERQ-FM 92Q Jams in Baltimore, comes amid news of a $1 million dollar lawsuit filed against Webbie and Lilí Boosie in Federal District Court in Baltimore, MD.

Tracye Stafford, a promoter with Ikon Entertainment, alleges that Webbie, born Webster Gradney, Jr. and rapper Lilí Boosie, born Torrance Hatch, failed to show up for a scheduled performance at Club Sonar on Dec. 9, 2006.

Although arrangements were made with Stafford to hold a make up concert Jan. 20, 2007 at Club Mate, the rappers failed to honor their contract with the Baltimore promoter by not appearing at the second concert.

Upon hearing that Webbie was on The Big Phat Morning Show, Stafford called the radio station to discuss the case with the rapper.

"I booked him for a date in Dec. of 2006 and he showed up. They came to the show late. They wouldnít answer the door. They finally came and didnít have their music. So they shut the show down," said Stafford, who detailed the motivation behind her lawsuit. "They came to the hotel and said ĎHey Tray weíll do another show for free. We apologize.í We paid for the flight, paid for the hotel, promoted it again to be at Club Mate. They didnít even bother to get on the plane. They just didnít show up at all. They kept my money and never called me again. You canít do that."

Despite Staffordís frustration, Webbie couldnít recall conversing with the Baltimore promoter as he advised her to "talk to the management man."

"I mean all my business, we handle it right. Just talk to the manager," Webbie said. "I know thatís not the business Iím in," the rapper continued. "So thatís why I donít even play games like that. I used steal purses when I was a little bitty boy. I donít play with money like that no more. I ainít did that since I was like a little itty bitty boy. So letís do it. However you want to do it."

Stafford disputed the rapperís claim as she maintained that conversations did take place between her, Webbie and his manager.

"My price is going up as we speak," Webbie said as he alluded to the current success of his single "Independent," featuring Lilí Boosie and Lilí Phat. The single is currently #2 on Billboardís Rap Singles chart.

"Basically, she want a million dollars," Webbie noted. "So how much money we took? How much money you claim we took from you? Thank you. Thatís how much it sound like you should be suing for, right. How much money did you lose? How much did you lose? Thatís how much money it sound like she should be suing for. A million dollars? Get real. Man turn that s**t off. Get real!" Stafford did not reveal how much money Webbie allegedly took, but hinted that she had evidence to back up her claims.

In addition to Webbie, Lilí Boosie and the rappersí management group, Trill Entertainment and Asylum Records were named as defendants in the lawsuit. Before ending the interview, Webbie offered to do another show for Stafford for a reduced price.

"Iíma look out for her, ya heard me. Iíma give her a discount. Give me $15 grand. Give me $15 grand and I promise Iíma rock the house," the rapper said "And the independent women gon be there, the bad chicks. And you best believe it. All the savages, all the hoods they gon be there. Itís gon be hard to get in. Some people will have to sneak through the back."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RapCentral Forum Index -> Ear To Tha Street All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: