Home
22/APR/08: The Games Reps Say 50 Cent Wont Stop 'L.A.X.'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitEmUpRobbo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posts per day: 7.73

votes: 23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: 22/APR/08: The Games Reps Say 50 Cent Wont Stop 'L.A.X.' Reply with quote

A representative from Compton-based MC The Game has come forward to deny reports that the rapperís forthcoming album may be pushed back from its original release date of June 24.

The buzz is fueled by G-Unit frontman 50 Cent, who threatened to block the release of The Gameís L.A.X., should the album be released at the same time as G-Unitís upcoming release Terminate On Site.

Despite the claims, the label representative stated that The Game will indeed have something to offer fans this summer.

"We have no intentions to move our album date of June 24," a representative for The Game told AllHipHop.com. "If we do move it, it will be 50 Cent and G-Unitís lucky day, but I doubt if The Game is into answering G-Unitís prayers."

In a recent interview with MTV, 50 Cent stated that he believed G-Unitís new album Terminate on Sight will easily triumph over Gameís L.A.X., should the two factions square off on the same day in stores.

"Iíma wait a little, then I'm just gonna push his album back," the rapper told MTV.com. "I don't think there's anyone that would legitimately look at him like it's a competition, him versus G-Unit. It just doesn't make sense. I make money every time he releases an album. He signed a five-album deal. He's only on album three."

50 Centís conflict with The Game isnít the first time the New York native has gone one on one with a fellow rapper in the battle for SoundScan supremacy.

Just last year, 50 Cent and Kanye West squared off by releasing albums on the same day.

Westís Graduation ultimately won the battle by selling 957,000 copies over 50 Centís Curtis, which moved 691,000 units in the first week of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan figures. Both albums were released on Sept. 11, 2007.

dewie1
RC Young Buck

Posts per day: 2.33

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lax will b awesome

Shenron
Mod
Mod

Posts per day: 4.56

votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dewie1 wrote:
lax will b awesome

if the best song on it is 'big dreams' then my advice to him is dont even bother releasing the album

ELEPHANT MAN
Mod
Mod

Posts per day: 6.9

votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shenron wrote:
dewie1 wrote:
lax will b awesome

if the best song on it is 'big dreams' then my advice to him is dont even bother releasing the album

Head Bang i agree.
the documentary was ok but the drs advocate was absolute shit i believe this cud be even worse,
i think hes released 2 many mixtapes hes ran out of ideas now, just stick 2 a few mixtapes and concentrate on albums

BigStallion
Mod
Mod

Posts per day: 5.03

votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea that song big dreams sucks big time 4 real

josip-zgb
V.I.P.

Posts per day: 0.92

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why U hate big drams that nuch, I liked it... but I liked more Pain, I downloaded it here..if L.A.X. is gona be like that, I'm gona like it!

Day_Walker
RC Young Buck

Posts per day: 0.04

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly this looks like 50 cent is worried that games album is gonna kill the g unit album sales.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RapCentral Forum Index -> Ear To Tha Street All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: