Home
12th APR: MORE PROOF MURDER DETAILS ARISE....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clear
S-Mod
S-Mod

Posts per day: 5.92

votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: 12th APR: MORE PROOF MURDER DETAILS ARISE.... Reply with quote

New details surrounding the murder of Proof from the group D12 surfaced today.

The second man shot early Tuesday morning (April 11) at a Detroit's Triple C's nightclub has been identified as Keith Bender Jr., a 35 year-old army veteran.

As SOHH previously reported, Eminem's right hand man Proof (born Deshaun Holton) and Keith Bender Jr. were shot at the Triple C's along Eight Mile Road and Gratiot around 4 am.

Bender was taken to St. John Hospital where he is reportedly in critical condition, while Proof was taken to St. John Holy Cross Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. He was 32.

Earlier reports suggested that the second victim was Proof's D12 groupmate Bizarre or an associate, but according to Bender's relatives, an argument between Proof and Bender lead to the shootings.

"Some words were exchanged," Angel Bender, Bender's sister-in-law told the Detroit News. "He was at the wrong place at the wrong time."

Bender's relatives claim Proof shot Bender and then was shot by someone else. Both Proof and Bender were shot in head.

Detroit Police did confirm Bender's relatives account and revealed that both men were at the Triple C's nightclub with friends and an altercation between the groups sparked the shooting.

According to the Triple C's administrator, Lamont Bryant, Proof was a regular at the club who didn't usually come with bodyguards while Bender's sister-in-law said Keith Bender was at the club to celebrate word that he would no longer need a defibrillator for a heart condition after two years.

Authorities believe that there is no connection between Proof's death and other shootings that involved Detroit rappers Obie Trice and Blade Icewood. Obie was shot in the head on a Detroit Highway in December 2005 and survived while budding rapper Blade Icewood was shot and killed aboard his silver Range Rover in April 2005.

Authorities have not named any suspects nor have any in custody. They are urging witnesses or anybody with relevant information to come forward. Patrons who were at the Triple C's on the night of the shooting were questioned but no case-breaking leads were obtained.

Violence is nothing new to the Triple C's which has been visited 18 other times in the past decade, according to police.

In December, police cited the club's management for underage drinking and after-hours operations there. On the night of the Proof shooting, the club had remained open after required hours.

Earlier this year, Michael Smith, a Triple C employee, who described Proof as a friend was shot five times at the club while working security.

"That club, it's a death trap," Smith told the Detroit Free Press. "It took a man like Proof to get killed for me to come out and tell this. I don't want anybody to ever go to that club again"

The owners of Triple C couldn't be reached for comment.

Proof's untimely death has overwhelmed his friends, fans, his peers in the music industry and Detroit residents who loved his friendly demeanor.

"I've seen him everywhere," said Kimani Journery, a local promoter who along with other fans had gathered out of the Triple C club to pay respect. "He was just real. He was no problem starter. He was just love."

"He never made it seem like he was better than anybody else" added Linette Knight, a close of friend of Proof's. "He stayed humble, he never forget where he came from. It feels like somebody just punched a hole in the atmosphere and just left it there. There is a giant void here. It hit me hard just because I knew him before he got to where he was. It's a loss...a big loss."

Artists are also speaking out. The Game released the following statement via his website: "For a person to shoot & kill another person, there had to be a tremendous amount of hate & envy for the victim.Over the years we became real cool & remained homies throughout all the beef shit with G-Unit . I met Proof early 2002 in a studio in Los Angeles & we clicked right off the back. The same night we were in the studio doing some mixtape shit while Em, 50 [Cent] & [Dr.] Dre were in the back studio workin on Get Rich Or Die Tryin'. Over the years we became real kool & remained homies throughout all the beef shit witt G-Unit so to wake up this mornin' at 10:41am flip open my sidekick & read that the homie was killed due to a bullet in the head just literally fucked my day. I will end this short letter by saying this, Proof will always be remembered & I as well as the Black Wall Street family will keep his memory & his family in our prayers 1"

Proof's family and D12 members, including Eminem, have yet to comment on their loss.

Source - www.sohh.com

HitEmUpRobbo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posts per day: 7.84

votes: 22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the update,,iv posted the news on the mian site,,good work!!!!! This is some shit news this!!!

A.T.N.
M.V.P.

Posts per day: 3.1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gd the 2nd man wasn't Bizarre, i erd it woz, i don't think we can afford 2 lose D12 members

blackjezuss
RC Young Buck

Posts per day: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great loss.....

when will it gonna stop .

Speedy_Bone
M.V.P.

Posts per day: 2.44

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Man...Proof Was Awesome....Ya'll Think Em Is Gon make A Tribute Song To Proof??

DaNnY
RC Young Buck

Posts per day: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

em definitly shud make a song dedicted 2 proof

Speedy_Bone
M.V.P.

Posts per day: 2.44

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea That Wuld B Gangsta If The Whole Aftermath Family was in it

Clear
S-Mod
S-Mod

Posts per day: 5.92

votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone ib aftermath should work together on an album to proof that would be nice

HitEmUpRobbo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posts per day: 7.84

votes: 22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis_619 wrote:
Yea That Wuld B Gangsta If The Whole Aftermath Family was in it

that wud be tiyt!!! Head Bang

booj1893
M.V.P.

Posts per day: 4.98

votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it would show the respect needed for proof n it will be tiyt guaranteed

snoopd
M.V.P.

Posts per day: 1.36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but if they did a tribute album, ya'll gotta buy, no leachin downloads. Proof deserves a purchase, especially to show respect.

,,l,,(0_o),,l,,
Banned
Banned

Posts per day: 0.09

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rip proof

DonB
RC Young Buck

Posts per day: 0.14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Proof R.I.P

lilflippa92689
RC Young Buck

Posts per day: 0.28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read all about dis shit. its sad. death of a soldier

dutchmaster
Banned
Banned

Posts per day: 0.27

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RapCentral Forum Index -> Fallen Soulja's All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: