WERD OF MOUF! is RapCentral's very own Rap Dictionary. A huge collection of rap and Hip-Hop words and slang, with the clear meaning of each slang term. Look up the meaning of the words used in lyrics here, in the ultimate resource for looking up hip-hop slang.
(n) From "break boy"; one who breakdances.
-- "And I fuck wit b-boys who bring them choppers out" -- Jim Jones (The Game: One Blood, Remix ).
1) (n) Berkeley, California. -- "Howard came through from the B-Town" -- Too $hort (Just Anotha Day)
2) (n) Boston, Massachusets. -- "(Boston) B-town forever bitch word is bond" -- Kreators (Home )
1) (v) To laugh real hard at something.
2) (v) To be caught or arrested by the police.
3) (v) To have sexual intercourse with.
-- "I Bag up bitches from John Jay" -- Nas (One Love ).
(v) Run away for someone or something.
-- "Bail out, a thug nigga fresh out the jailhouse" -- 2pac (High Speed ).
1) (n) Ballplayer, someone who is good at playing basketball, and has moved up to earning a lot of money and getting a lot of girls from that.
-- "I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller" -- Skee Low (I wish).
2) (n) Someone who has established himself in the hood, who is making alot of money, and who is good with the ladies; it is a Blood term. The Crip version of this word is "highroller".
-- "If you know anything about me, then you know im a baller, If I aint hit the first night, I aint gon call her " -- Lloyd Banks (On Fire )
(v) Having it all.
-- "We ain't got shit to lose, The life we ballin' if we got a new pair of tennis shoes" -- Young Buck (2pac: Sleep )
1) (n) Person who cannot dress, a loser. Short for Alabama, meaning a person from the country, said to be backwards and unsophisticated.
-- "I'm fresh up out the slammer, I ain't no fucking bama" -- 50 cent (Poor Lil Rich ).
2) (n) Shake, a type of marijuana from the leaves rather than the buds of the hemp plant.
-- "This ain't the east or the west the 'bama weed or the stress" -- Ludacris (Stick 'em up ).
(v) To fight to kill
1) (n) someone associated with gangs and murder.
2) (n) Rocker, from headbanging.
3) (n) Club Banger, a very popular song in the clubs.
-- "It's another club banger got ya hangin on the edge of ya seat" -- Eminem (One Last Time)
(n) A term used for money.
-- "That's cool cause I whipped out bank" -- Sir Mix-a-lot (I got game).
(v) To compete, usually freestyle rapping, sometimes breakdancing or graffiti.
-- "You want to rap and you got no battle, it's like havin' a boat and you got no paddle" -- Public Enemy (1987).
(n) Movie theatre in the Bronx - Nice and Smooth.
(interj) To leave. "Yo we be geese"
beam me up, Scotty
(interj) Give me crack (drug).
(n) Expensive European car: BMW, status symbol. Used by Tribe Called Quest on Low End Theory. References to 325i's are to BMW 3-series models with a 2.5 litre engine. References to 735i's, 740i's, 750i's are to models in the 7-series range of BMW models. The 750iL is the flagship model made by BMW. A reference to the a seven series model is found in Ice Cube's "Ghetto Bird". 850i's (mentioned in Wu-Tang's "Can It All Be...") is to the BMW 850i Coupé.
-- "I got a black Beamer but my dream is to own a fly casino" -- Snoop Dogg (2pac: 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted ).
1) (n) Head or brain.
2) (n) Money. If you have not "got a bean", then you have no money.
3) (n) Beans. A nickname of Rocafella artist Beanie Sigel.
-- "Bean's and Bleek is right now, we can see our 8 miles nigga" -- Jay-Z (8 Miles And Running).
(n) Also called The Stuy. Bedford Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn. Radio Raheem wears a Bed Stuy T-shirt in the movie "Do the right thing" by Spike Lee.
1) (n) An argument or discrepancy with another individual or group of individuals. The following citation is from the book Juba to Jive: the dictionary of African-American slang: Beef n. (1930s-1940s; 1960s-1970s) a word dating back to criminal use in the thirties. For young black people in the 60's and later it meant roughly the same as it had earlier: a complaint or argument; a disagreement in progress.
-- "Why I got beef with police? Ain't that a bitch that motherfuckers got a beef with me" -- 2pac (Crooked Nigga Too ).
2) (n) Sexual meat, like a penis.
(n) another term for a prostitute.
(n) Money. A term taken from the one hundred dollar bill, which has Benjamin Franklin on the front.
-- "Steadily counting them benjamins, nigga you should to if u knew, wut this game would do 2 u" -- Notorious B.I.G. (Notorious Thugs )
1) (v) Drunk, under the influence of alcohol.
--"It doesn't matter if I'm dead sober or I'm bent" -- Heltah Skeltah (Therapy).
2) (v) Sad.
--"You got me bent like elbows, amongst other things" -- Outkast (Aliens).
1) (n) Mercedes Benz: Expensive brand of European car.
-- "I used to get no play, now she stays behind me, 'cause I said I had a Benz 190" -- N.W.A. (I ain't the one ).
2) (interj) Used to acknowledge "Audi", meaning goodbye.
1) (n) A pull out radio.
-- "Here come the cops... put the Benzi-box under the seat" -- Naughty by Nature (Strike a nerve ).
2) (n) A box full of Mercedes Benz emblems that were stolen off the cars.
(n) A police car. The red lights on old cop cars looked like a berry on top of an ice cream. "Berry flashing those high beams" refers to a cop behind your car signalling for you to pull over.
-- "Didn't even see a berry flashing those high beams" -- Ice Cube (Today was a good day ).
1) (n) Baby gangster, as opposed to OG. An OG has shot somebody, a BG has not shot anyone yet.
-- "I quit school cuz of recess, you fuckin BG" -- Snoop Doggy Dogg (Pump Pump ).
2) (n) Black gangster.
(n) A one hundred dollar banknote (USA $).
(n) See beamer.
-- "Lex, coupe, bimaz, benz" -- Lost Boyz (??? ).
(n) Kilo of drugs.
-- "A bird in the hand" -- Ice Cube (A bird in the hand ).
1) (n) Gun.
2) (n) Behinds.
-- "Gals, if you see a man you like, just grab him in the biscuits... and doowutchalike" -- Digital Underground (Doowutchalike).
1) (n) Prostitute, literally meaning "female dog"; girls call each other "What's up, bitch?" Doesn't necessarily have to be negative. Doesn't have to mean females either.
-- "Cause some of y'all niggas is bitches too" -- Ice T (Bitches 2 ).
2) (v) To curse, gossip, or nag about something.
1) (v) To copy lyrics or a style from other people.
-- "Niggaz be rollin with a stash
ain't sayin cash, bite my style I'll bite your motherfuckin ass!" -- Wu-Tang Clan (Protect Ya Neck)
2) (v) To steal
1) (n) A girl.
-- "My seven bizzos" -- 2 Live crew (My seven bizzos ).
2) (n) Someone who is bizarre.
1) (n) A small book carried by graffiti artists for others to do work in.
2) (n) A book to carry phone numbers in.
3) (n) The Bible.
Black Panther movement
(n) This movement was founded in Oakland, California by Huey P. Newton, H.R. Brown and Bobby Seale. Fought for the rights of black to bear arms like white people in the late 1960's and the early 1970's.
1_ (n) 20 inch chrome car wheel rims.
-- "Big pimpin' on B.L.A.D.'s" -- Jay Z. (Big pimpin').
2) (n) A Knife or sharp weapon
1) (v) To smoke crack.
2) (v) To play music loud.
3) (v) To fire a weapon.
(n) See marijuana.
(n) To attack someone unseen.
-- "It can't be stopped, and it's comin like a blindside" -- Boo-Yaa T.R.I.B.E. (Once Upon a Drive By)
(n) Jewelry, the slang term "bling" is derived from the sound it makes.
-- "And I wanna get blitzed, grab my 40 and then I reminisce" - Ice Cube (Dead Homiez [1990's])
1) (n) A Blood brother.
-- "I give my ankles in the mud for my blood" -- Goodie Mob (Blood)
2) (n) Member of the Bloods gang.
-- "Cuz, and that's just how these hoodstas roll, talkin' 'bout "Is he a Blood or is he Crip?" -- Jayo Felony feat. Baby Skar (Trued Up Remix)
(n) Marijuana cigarette, herb stuffed cigar, generally phillies.... See marijuana.
(v) Under influence of a blunt.... See marijuana.
-- "Made a little record for the blunted to chill with" -- Cypress Hill (Hand on the pump )
(n) See beamer.
-- "Drop top BM's, I'm the man, girlfriend" -- Notorious BIG (Big Poppa).
(n) Refers to now-defunct Chicago radio station WBMX, which used to play hip-hop and house music mixes through the 1980s.
-- "I tuned into BMX, and taped Farley on the Tonemaster." -- Common Sense ("This is Me")
(n) Marijuana laced with embalming fluid.
(n) South American throwing weapon, a number of balls on cords.
-- "I'm throwin' bolos you'll find out who's the number one solo" -- Lady of Rage.
1) (n) Marijuana laced with heroin.
2) (adj) Very good.
-- "Gimme that bomb beat from Dre" -- Tupac (California love ).
1) (v) To have sexual intercourse.
-- "Your aim is to bone" -- Tribe Called Quest (Classic example of a date rape).
2) (n) Penis.
-- "You can act like a doggy, and play with my bone" -- Schoolly D. (Another poem)
3) (n) One dollar.
4) (n) Core, soul.
-- "I'm a rock hard trooper to the bone" -- Public Enemy (Louder Than A Bomb)
5) (v) To bone out, as in leaving.
-- "They all got in the car and boned out" -- Smokey (Friday ).
6) (n) A joint.
-- "Smokin' bones in the staircase" -- Wu-Tang Clan (C.R.E.A.M. ).
7) Referring To Bone Thugs n Harmony (BTNH). A fast rapping, harmonized hip-hop group.
-- "Them Bone Boys Is Back" -- Swizz Beatz (Notorious Thugs )
1) (n) Dominos.
2) (n) Dice, as in "rollin' them bones".
1) (n) Graveyard.
2) (n) Domino pile to draw from.
(n) A waterpipe for smoking marijuana. The marijuana is filtered through the water. When you suck it decreases the pressure in the chamber so the smoke get pulled through the water so it looks like it boiling. This process filters out some of the bad stuff like tar. It also cools the smoke to make it less harsh.
(n) A term of endearment, like baby.
-- "I'll be in here, boo" -- Method Man (You're all I need ).
boo boo head
(n) Whore, deceitful woman. Used mostly around the Bay Area, especially East Bay (check the whole song dedicated to this word by "Del" on his "No Need For Alarm" album).
1) (n) Totally dope, incredibly fine. Probably orignated from the "Boo-yaa Tribe" hip-hop act.
2) (n) Impression of the sound of a shotgun, also "boo-yaaka".
-- "Shotgun goes boo-ya" -- Cypress Hill (Hand on the pump ).
3) (n) Marijuana, probably derived from Buddha.
4) (n) Crack, probably related from the fact that smoking crack is sort of equivalent to putting a shotgun to your head and pulling the trigger.
(n) A shoplifter.
1) (adj) Not good, lacking.
-- "And them rhymes you were kickin were quite bootylicious" -- Snoop Doggy Dogg (Dre Day).
2) (n) Bottom, ass. Or "getting a piece of ass".
3) (n) Biblical, as in pirates booty or treasure. Since booty is stolen treasure, it could be good or bad. Often used in the negative today.
1) (v) To leave, to get up, to break.
-- "You mean bounce... I'm with you, bounce right outta NYC" -- Raekwon().
2) (n) Form of music from New Orleans. Check Mystikal's album for a song called "Neva gonna bounce".
3) (n) A reference to the Bankhead Bounce, a dance made famous in Atlanta rap music.
(n) Real, not fake, true to the game.
-- "Im bout it, bout it" -- Master P (Bout it, bout it ).
(n) Video Music Box, a NYC hip-hop video music show.
1) (n) Friend, possibly short for homeboy. "That's my boy".
2) (n) Racist term used by white masters to address a slave.
-- "Boy is a racist white word" -- Dr. Dre (movie: Who's the man)
boys in blue
(n) The police.
-- "take a look at the evening news, You'll see a nigga gettin cuffed by the boys in blue" -- 2pac (When I Get Free ).
-- "And women go nuts just like my bozack" -- Ludacris (Game Got Switched)
(n) an alcoholic concoction available in liquor stores.
-- "Drinking Brass Monkey" -- Beastie Boys (Brass Monkey ).
(v) Marijuana is sometimes sold as little blocks. So, breaking off some means to share the good stuff with others.
-- "Break ya off something" -- Cypress Hill (Insane in the brain ).
1) (n) Comes from the Biblical term "selah". Comes from music, "on the break", but for hip-hop refers to the break in the record that is created by the DJ. "Beats and breaks".
2) (v) transport onesself to, often quickly.
(n) Derogative term for fat ugly women from Bremerton, WA, a working-class town with a Naval Base. The joke is that these women hang around and "chasin' fellas in the Navy".
1) (adj) Very cold.
2) (v) To punch.
3) (n) A quantity of cocaine.
(n) Newark, New Jersey.
-- "I'm Brick City, baby, twentyfour seven" -- Redman (Bricks Two)
(v) To take or steal something.
(n) See marijuana.
-- "With a handful of broccoli" -- Spice 1.
(n) New York City borough where hip-hop was born and raised. Home of Boogie Down Productions.
-- "My posse from the Bronx is thick" -- Boogie Down Productions (My philosophy).
(n) New York City borough. Home of The Fugees, Biggie Smalls (Notorious BIG), and DAS EFX.
-- "Timbs for my hooligans in Brooklyn" -- Biggie Smalls (Hypnotize ).
1) (n) Man of the same group; friend. In the Bible you will read "brethern", which is used in the same meaning.
2) (n) African-American male.
(n) Old car in bad shape.
-- "Im in a bucket with 'em ridin' it like its a Benz" -- 2pac. (Str8 Ballin' ).
(n) A neighborhood better known as the Brownsville section of Brooklyn used by Smif & Wesson and Black Moon.
(v) To get buckwild means to have sex, see also wilding. A "buck" is a young, unbroken horse that cowboys try to master at a rodeo.
-- "Get buckwild with the white freaks, show 'em how to really work the white sheets" -- Body Count (KKK Bitch ).
(n) See marijuana.
-- "I'm an addict for sneakers, 20's of buddah and bitches with beepers" -- NAS (New York state of mind ).
1) (n) At the start of De La soul's "Buddy" video, Prince Paul makes a statement to the effect that "Buddy means body."
2) (n) Sexual partner. A bit more than a friend.
3) (adj) Something that appears okay at first, but is actually a cheap imitation; a knockoff, ripoff or fake. Said to be from "Buddies" which are shoes that look cool but fall apart real quickly.
(v) To act strange, crazy, weird. See ill.
-- "Who you buggin' ain't no time to be lovin', Man the grip on my pistol only thing I be huggin'" -- Beanie Sigel (Oh Daddy ).
(v) To make a car with hydraulics bump.
-- "Why you gotta pull me over... cause I'm bumpin'" -- Warren G (I shot the sheriff).
1) (n) Crash the gates of a show with a pack of people, in the hope to get in without having to pay. Or to 'jump' anyone unexpecteadly.
-- "Ante up and bust my gun, Thuggin and bum rush the punks" -- Bizzy Bone (Seeing Things).
2) (v) To get beaten up by a large, angry group of people. Literally to get rushed by bums or lowlifes.
1) (adj) Unpleasant, bad.
2) (n) A load of bunk: a lot of nonsense.
1) (n) A large piece of graffiti involving many colors, making it bright and colorful. It usually refers to whole-car productions on subways.
2) (n) A gun.
-- "Semi-autos at your cartilege, Burner at the side of your dome" -- Nas (Ether).
bust a nut
(v) To ejaculate.
(v) To fire bullets.
-- "And we ain't bustin duds, watch out, cause we bustin slugs" -- Snoop Dogg (The Game: One Blood Remix )
(interj) Pay attention.
-- "But bust this!" -- Ice-T (Bitches 2 ).
1) (n) Fake person, weak individual.
-- "Busta ass nigga talkin' bullshit" -- Dr. Dre (Rat-a-tat-tat ).
2) (n) A snitch, a person who tattle-tales.
1) (n) Bottom.
2) (adj) Not good, lacking.
-- "Get yourself some toilet paper 'cause your lyrics is butt" -- Tribe Called Quest (Low End Theory).
(adj) Well liked, smoothed out.
-- "Phife Dog is on the mic and I'm smooth like butter. It's like butter, not no Parkay, not no margerine, strictly butter, baby" -- A Tribe Called Quest (Butter).
(n) Jamaican, resembles the sound of gunshots. See boo-yaa.
-- "Booyaka, booyaka, that's the sound from a cannon" -- Goldie Loc (Snoop Dogg: Give it 2 'Em Dogg)
Have any Hip-Hop slang terms we dont? Please send them to us »