WERD OF MOUF! is RapCentral's very own Rap Dictionary. A huge collection of rap and Hip-Hop words and slang, with the clear meaning of each slang term. Look up the meaning of the words used in lyrics here, in the ultimate resource for looking up hip-hop slang.
(n) Cleveland, Ohio.
1) (n) See cock block.
2) (n) Cell block.
3) (n) Trucker radio.
(n) Money. Acronym for Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
-- From the Wu-Tang Clan (36 chambers ).
(n) A type of small assault pistol that fires 9mm rounds, famous for the large 50 or 100 round drum magazines that sit atop the weapon.
-- "with the ski mask, or the pantyhose makin cameos, in liquor store cameras with the twin Calico's" -- Big Punisher (Parental Discretion).
(n) Project in the New Orleans UPT (uptown New Orleans).
1) (n) Bullet.
-- "When my gat sparks, Ill bust a cap in that ass" -- Thug Life (Dont get it twisted ).
2) (n) Cranium, top of the skull.
-- "Blood's on my gear, from caps I've peeled" -- Ice-T. (Mic contract ).
3) (n) Crack.
1) (n) Vagina.
-- "Sprung on the Cat" -- Sir Mixalot (Sprung on the cat ).
2) (n) Person. Used in the 70s.
-- "You cant take the jungle out of the cat" -- Jeru Tha Damaja (Frustrated Nigger ).
3) (adv) When someone is scared about doing something. "Why don't you ask the girl out and stop being so cat?"
catch the vapors
(v) To be caught up someone else's popularity, hype or glamour and to want the same things this person has.
1) (v) To stare at a woman/man with sexual intentions.
2) (n) A stud with many women.
(n) Female version of "cave boy". Ice Cube (Cave bitch ).
(n) A white person. Derived from the theory that early white man lived in caves.
(n) A dice game also called "4-5-6", because you need to roll 4-5-6 to win in this game.
-- "Like shootin' Celo, and always hittin' head cracks" -- A Tribe Called Quest (Low end theory).
-- "I'm comin' to getcha" -- Ice Cube (I'm gonna wetcha )
-- "I aint mad atcha" -- 2pac (I aint mad atcha )
1) (n) See marijuana. Company inscriptions on pharmaceutical drugs read "ciba", pronounced "cheeba".
2) (n) Black, sticky, gooey Brazilian marijuana often sold in pounds.
-- "Smokin' the weed or the fever, the reefer that keep em a pot of the sweetest cheeba" -- Bone Thugs (Bone Bone Bone).
(n) money; material wealth.
-- "Big pimpin' spendin' cheese" -- Jay Z (Big Pimpin')
1) (n) Any dumb person (usually refers to women) who clucks (speaks) alot, and walks around aimlessly or without purpose (like a chicken with its head cut off).
-- "Give me all the chickenheads from Pasadena to Medina, let B.I.G. get in between ya" - Total feat. B.I.G. (Can't you see ).
2) (n) A derrogatory term used when referring to females who perform oral sex on males, because of the motion of the woman's head: back and forth, like a chichenhead.
-- "Chickenheads be cluckin' in my bedroom" -- Notorious B.I.G. (Warning).
3) (n) Crack addict, because many will perform oral sex to get free crack or money. Repeatedly referred to in "Do or die", a book about the conflict between the Crips and the Bloods in South Central.
1) (n) Relax.
-- "Why don't you just chill" -- L.L. Cool J. (Eat em up L chill ).
2) (adj) Mellow.
(n) Jersey City
-- "what you see is what you get, them bone boy's raw and we got chips" -- Bone Thugs (What U See ).
-- "Chi town the city where I'm from" -- Da Brat (Chi Town).
Chocolate City, Capital City
(n) Washington D.C.
1) (n) Gun.
-- "Now I gotta follow him home with the chrome" -- Ice Cube (Robbin' hood ).
2) (n) Chrome wheel. "My mama's welfare check has brought the next man chrome wheels" -- 2pac (My Block ).
(n) See marijuana. Incredibly potent marijuana, it started out as weed laced with coke.
-- "still puffin on the same chronic, haters mad cuz i still got it" -- The Game (Lookin' At You ).
-- "The Chronic" -- Dr. Dre (The Chronic ).
(n) Ashes from a marijuana cigarette.
-- "What up Ren? Still droppin' chronic flakes on yo ass, bitch" -- Snoop Doggy Dog (The Chronic ).
(n) The word in Spanish directly translates to "pimp". In Spain the word means "cool". It is synonymous with bad ass" or "bad guy".
-- "Now they suckin on our dicks and callin us papi chulo" -- Kool G Rap (Check the bitch).
1) (n) A circle of brothers dropping science, showing and proving. A 5%-er term.
2) (n) A graffitti writer.
1) (v) To say one allies oneself with a gang or set.
2) (v) To claim membership in a gang.
3) (v) To say something that is not necessarily true.
(n) Clarks are an excellent English shoe brand.
(n) Gun or holder of bullets to load a semi-automatic or fully automatic gun with.
-- "Unloadin my clip, I'm watchin every bullet spit when I kick em, Niggaz die from automatic gunfire, Your time to expire" -- 2pac (Ready 4 Whatever ).
(n) the West Coast equivalent of "crew".
-- "Cause the cops can't flip on a whole damn clique, So suck dick" -- 2pac (Let Them Thangs Go ).
1) (v) To stay aware of what happens around you.
-- "You're the one that I'm clocking" -- Ol' Dirty Bastard (Raw hide )
2) (v) To earn.
3) (v) To always watch, always have or to always be into something.
-- "clockin' a grip" -- Dr. Dre and Snoop Doggy Dogg (Ain't nothing but a G-thang ).
4) (v) To hit or knock someone out, as in "he clocked him". Probably comes from "he got his clock cleaned".
(n) Crack user.
1) (n) Penis.
2) (n) Vagina.
-- "She was giving up the cock" -- Ice Cube (Gangsta's Fairytale )
3) (v) To pull the hammer of a gun.
-- "From out the window of my drop top, I got my glock cocked, bustin' at niggas when will it stop" -- 2pac (Cradle To The Grave )
(v) To prevent someone from getting sexual intercourse. See the Kool G Rap song "Operation CB".
(adj) Very muscular.
(n) A hispanic person trying to be white. Compare with oreo.
1) (adj) Intensely.
-- "Stone cold rhymin'" -- Young MC (Stone cold rhymin').
2) (adj) Mean, not nice.
(v) To represent the real, to do something the way it should be done.
-- "When I'm on the mic, I come correct" -- Beastie Boys (Sure shot )
(n) Los Angeles borough. This is from where the gangsta style of rap was brought to a greater height, and eventually mainstream.
-- "Straight outta Compton, crazy motherfucker named Ice Cube" -- N.W.A. (Straight Outta Compton )
(n) Credit; you pay for what you sell and return the remainder.
-- "Let me buy a brick and get the other on consignment" -- 50 Cent (Bodegas)
(adj) Okay as in "good" or "good idea".
1) (n) A type of malt liquor.
(n) Prison-issue clothes.
-- "Punk judge got a grudge, can't post no bail, what do I do in these county blues, Gettin battered and bruised by the you know who" -- 2pac (It Ain't Easy )
1) (n) Abbreviation for Compton in the phonebook. So Compton is called CPT for ease of use.
-- "Claimin' they are from the CPT" -- N.W.A. (Compton's in the house )
2) (n) Short for "Colored People Time"; being late.
(n) Derogatory name for a member of the Crips, an L.A. gang, used by members of the Bloods, another L.A. gang. On the album "Damu ridas" there is a song called "Fucc Crabz".
(n) Synthetic drug, extremely addictive.
crack a brew
(v) Open a beer.
-- "Crack a brew, smoke an L or two" -- Method Man (Ghostface Killah: Buck 50)
(n) Originally a term from Reconstruction time (1870) to mean southern men. Now it means white bigot, from whip-cracker or slavedriver.
-- "Got a little problem with the redneck cracker" -- Ice Cube (The Predator).
1) (adj) Besides meaning insane or extremely daring, it is kind of synonymous with mad.
2) (adj) Extremely or very. "Crazy fly bitches".
(n) Money. From: C.R.E.A.M. - Cash Rules Everything Around Me, by the Wu-Tang Clan.
1) (v) To sneak up on someone.
2) (v) To be unfaithful in a relationship.
(n) Los Angeles street. Know for it's sunday nights, where people go to floss phat cars, get their mack on, chill, etc.
(n) Group, band.
-- "Callin my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers" -- Nas (Ether )
(n) A Member of the Crips gang.
(n) Short for 'Cristal' champagne, an expensive kind of champagne produced in France by the winery Champagne Louis Roederer since 1876. A handful of big rappers, including Biggie Smalls, 2pac, Puff Daddy and Jay-Z have referenced the drink in their songs, skyrocketing the prices paid for the brand. $500 per bottle is not an uncommon price, and even here in the UK you can expect to pay around £170 per bottle; mentioning the brand announces that you're living the highest of the high life.
-- "We drunk, drinkin' that chrissy!" -- Big Tymerz (#1 Stunner)
(n) News, after the newsreader Walter Cronkite.
-- "Grand Puba and Studd Doogie droppin' Cronkite" -- Grand Puba (A little of this).
(n) See Brooklyn.
(n) Fading switch to select the left or right turntable. Without it, scratching wouldn't sound too good.
(v) Driving around, preferably showing off your car.
-- "Old nigga E still cruisin, cruisin down the street in my 6-4" -- Eazy E (Still Cruisin').
(adj) Hype, phat.
1) (adj) Hype, phat. "Tonight is going to be crunk".
2) (adv) To get crunk: to have a good time.
-- "Long as everybody get crunk in the drop" -- Lil Bow Wow (Bounce with me ).
1) (n) A record, the latest hit
2) (n) A recently received haircut.
3) (v) Cutting wax: scratching a record.
-- "Rip the cut!" -- Just Ice (Back to the old school) [1980's]
4) (n) Behind, or out of the way.
-- "I glance in the cut and I see my homey Nate" -- Warren G (Regulate ).
1) (n) homeboy or homegirl.
2) (n) Cousin, apparently a Crip term.
[cold] hoopin' it
(v) Playing a game of basketball.
Have any Hip-Hop slang terms we dont? Please send them to us »