WERD OF MOUF! is RapCentral's very own Rap Dictionary. A huge collection of rap and Hip-Hop words and slang, with the clear meaning of each slang term. Look up the meaning of the words used in lyrics here, in the ultimate resource for looking up hip-hop slang.
(n) An expensive brand of alloy wheels.
-- ""Rollin' in my fo' on D's, hittin' the switches" -- Dr. Dre (Let me ride ).
D-Town, The D
(n) Detroit, with its own sound, D-Funk.
-- "There they go, Those D-Town boys, carry the calico, Whenever there's war, you gots to know, Them boys got toys, tear down the front do'" -- Obie Trice & Eminem (There They Go ).
(n) Police term for "dead on arrival".
(n) Acronym for "death row".
-- "For you's a fool D.R." -- Dr Dre (Still D-R-E )
(n) See marijuana.
-- "Go on and hit the dank" -- Too Short.
1) (n) Sort of high-five type of handshake.
-- "Gimme a dap, I'll give you one back" -- Ice T. (Ziplock )
2) (n) Dignity and Pride, old slang, used in the 1970's and 80's.
(n) Money. Most American dollarbills have a former president of the United States on them.
-- ""I'm out for dead presidents to represent me" -- NAS (The world is yours ).
(v) To take care of business.
1) (n) A unit of measure. -- "It was a crew four deep" -- D-Nice.
2) (n) A hip hop clothing manufacturer (X-Large).
3) (adj) Heavy in the hippy sense of the word.
1) (adj) Really good or "the bomb". The word has been officially buried by BET.
-- "But you still think our music is def, right?" -- De La Soul (Brain washed follower).
2) (adj) the standard of excellence.
3) (adj) Some more info on def: comes from the expression "Death O.J." but I think first used on record in "Rapper's Delight". As Nelson George defines it: "In Rapper's Delight the term 'Death OJ' is used. In current slang 'death' means something good, while 'OJ' is a reference to a big car: Erstwhile football star and all-around adman O.J. Simpson does Hertz commercials featuring Ford and Lincoln Mercury cars. If we add 'death' to Ford and Lincoln Mercury cars (leaving out any disrespectful reference to Pintos), we come up with the 'Rapper's Delight' character driving off in a Lincoln Continental."
1) (n) A great record.
2) (n) One of the first big labels for rap artists, founded by Rick Rubin, led by Russels Simmons.
(n) "Delf" was quoted for the first time by Parrish Smith when EPMD's last album was released in 1992. It was in a Source interview and it's about the same as "self" like going for delf (self).
-- "Release yo delf" -- Da Method Man (Release yo delf ).
1) (n) A "deuce deuce" is a .22 caliber handgun.
-- "About to get loose with the deuce deuce" -- Ice Cube (Gangsta fairytale II ).
2) (n) 20 ounce of liquor.
(n) an enemy, usually white people.
-- "Mister Big Dick, who do you think you are?" -- Schoolly D. (Mr. Big Dick).
1) (v) To understand; "can you dig it?"
2) (v) To like.
(v) To have sexual intercourse.
-- "By 2 am. I was diggin' her out" -- Ice Cube (Ghetto bird ).
-- "Made a move for my Dillon; and all I remember the Gangsta Lean was killin'"
1) (n) Ten dolar bag of marijuana. Due to price variations the price may actually be higher for the same bag.
2) (n) "To drop a dime". The term has probably descended from the time when phone calls were 10 cents, and is related to the notion of moving gossip quickly, as one would drop a dime into the phone to make a call and pass on the info.
3) (n) Ten as in a rating on a woman's beauty.
-- "Diddied out, Grimey and grittied out, stack dough, jiggy out, Dime bitches behavin like ya sex slave skizzied out" -- Kool G Rap (Allied Meta-Forces -- Canibus Feat. Kool G Rap [1990's]).
1) (v) Dipping is what a car with a hydraulic suspension does.
-- "Set trippin', fo' dippin'" -- Ice Cube (Friday ).
2) (v) To pay more attention to other people's business than to one's own.
3) (v) To leave, "Yo, let's dip to the mall".
4) (adj) Dressed in the latest fashion, "looking fresh dipped".
(v) Insult or thwart in a social manner, short for disrespect.
-- "Challenge BDP, you'll get dissed, expect it" -- Boogie Down Productions (Part time sucker ).
(n) Disc Jockey, means MC in Jamaica.
(n) See down low.
1) (n) Hairdo.
2) (v) Having sex.
3) (v) Killing someone.
1) (v) To tear something up like a dog would do.
2) (v) To insult someone in front of his friends.
3) (v) To have sex the doggy way.
-- "You don't love me, you just love my doggy style" -- Snoop Doggy Dog (What's My Name).
4) (n) a friend
-- "Where my dogs at, (We right here dog), Where my dogs at, (I'm right here dog)" -- DMX feat. Sheek of The Lox (Get At Me Dog)
doing a buck 50
(v) To speed or get out of a bad situation. Derived from a "buck", or dollar. A buck fifty would then be 1.50, referring to doing 150 miles per hour.
(n) A person's big head, skull, gun against your head.
-- "Slap your soft ass to the floor, And watch my 4-4 put three holes in your dome" -- Napolean of the Outlawz (2pac feat. Outlawz -- All Out ).
1) (n) Narcotics.
2) (adj) Great, addictive.
(n) Seller of narcotics.
-- "If you see somebody getting pussy for crack, he's the dopeman, dopeman" -- N.W.A. (Tha Dopeman )
(n) The street East 99th and St. Clair in Cleveland. Home of the group Bone Thugs'n Harmony.
-- "Gotta grind gotta get mine, In the hood that I claim, I slang on that double 99" -- Wish Bone of Bone Thugs n Harmony (1st of Tha Month )
double deuce juice
1) (n) 22 oz of cold 45 ml beer.
2) (n) Colt 45 (the Billy D. juice).
-- "Don't you know when the dough get low, the juice go" -- Mobb Deep (Survival of the fittest).
(n) Covert, secret, "hush hush", derived from low profile".
(adv) To be down with: to be sympathetic to something, or to be friends with someone.
(n) Dogg pound gangsta.
-- "Young Hova in the house, world wide hustler, R-O-C, D-P-G motherfuckers.." -- Jay-Z (Tha DOgg Pound feat. Jay-z -- Change the Game [Remix]).
(n) Pants, underpants.
(adj) Sometimes pronounced "drawlin'", Philly slang meaning that one is acting in such a way as to draw attention to oneself in public, usually in an embarrassing manner.
(n) A gang form of execution; armed with guns they drive by their victims, take a shot at them, and drive off.
-- "With your drive-by's it took time to getcha, but now I'm gonna wetcha" -- Ice Cube (I'm gonna wetcha )
(n) Convertible car.
-- "Long as everybody get crunk in the drop" -- Lil Bow Wow (Bounce with me ).
drop / throw bows
1) (v) Dance. In the "Southern Hospitality" video Ludacris is doing the dance where he holds up his fists and looks like he's punching the sky, throwing up his elbows (hence "'bows"). Also, when females are freak dancing, they might "drop it like it's hot", and make their knees touch their elbows, which is why Ludacris talks about women droppin 'bows.
-- "If you's a pimp and you know you don't love them hoe's... Drop bows on 'em." -- Ludacris (Southern Hospitality ).
-- "Catch them in the club throwing pretty ass bows" -- Ludacris (Southern Hospitality ).
2) (v) To fight using elbows.
drop science, drop knowledge
(v) To demonstrate wisdom or skill.
-- "I'm droppin' science" -- 7a3 (Coolin' in Cali) 
Dropping a Dime
(n) Dick Sucking Lips; oral sex.
(n) Car wheel rims.
-- "I ain't got the west on my shoulda, got the west in the backseat of the rova, ridin on dubs, nigga" -- The Game (Put You On The Game)
(n) Money, from "ducats": coins.
-- "He's gettin' juiced for his duckets" -- N.W.A. (I ain't the one ).
(n) Fat gold chain.
(v) To act stupid, from the english "dumb".
-- "Ya dummin'" -- Funkdoobiest (You're dummin').
1) (n) Used like the word son.
-- "What up, dun?" -- Nas (Represent ).
2) (adj) Very dark, used in a negative setting as in dark and ugly.
-- "They always let the motherfucking dun nigger hold the cash." -- Lil Kim (Queen Bitch).
(v) To use PCP, a strong hallucinogen that reportedly makes one almost inhumanly strong, also known as "Angel Dust".
-- "Like the Hudson on PCP, when I'm dustin'" -- Wu-Tang Clan (Proteck ya neck ).
(n) Dutch Master is a brand of cigars. When rolling a serious blunt, the tobacco is removed from a cigar and replaced with marijuana.
-- "My clan is thick like plaster, Bust ya, slash ya, Slit a nigga back like a Dutch Master Killer." -- GZA of Wu-Tang Clan (Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers)
(n) Derogatory term for lesbian.
-- "Dumb ass hooker ain't nuttin' but a dyke" -- N.W.A. (Gangsta Gangsta )
Have any Hip-Hop slang terms we dont? Please send them to us »
Digg This Page! Post Page To reddit Post Page To Del.icio.us Post page to Furl
Post Page To Technorati Post Page To BlinkList