WERD OF MOUF! is RapCentral's very own Rap Dictionary. A huge collection of rap and Hip-Hop words and slang, with the clear meaning of each slang term. Look up the meaning of the words used in lyrics here, in the ultimate resource for looking up hip-hop slang.
1) (adj) Negative: bad, crazy or weird. If an album is said to be "wack" it is not of good quality.
-- "Untouchables at your door, All you wack rappers hit the floor" -- 2Pac (Lets Get It On )
2) (v) To kill someone.
-- "So don't step to me 'cause you boys'll get wacked" -- Ice-T (Power).
(n) Person who pretends to be a gangster without being one. Contraction of "wannabe gangsta".
-- "You said you a wanksta, and you needa stop frontin'" -- 50 Cent (Wanksta / Get Rich Or Die Tryin' )
watching Andy Griffith
(v) refers to masturbating. Martin Lawrence (You so crazy).
1) (n) Record album(s). For example to "put it on wax" would mean to record onto a track, and to "get murdered on wax" could mean someone dissing/beefing with someone on an album, denouncing them as a rapper or person, putting them down.
-- "Bad Boys murdered on Wax and kill" -- 2Pac feat. Outlawz (Hit Em Up ).
2) (v) Synonym to tax as in "wax his ass" from the black popular "mop up the floor with your ass".
3) (adj) Describing refinement as in 'waxed, buffed and simonized' from the Mister Magic radio show.
4) (v) To have sexual intercourse. E.g. "Wax that ass"
(n) One of the original hip-hop stations in New York City.
1) (v) Kill someone. As in wet from blood when someone is sprayed.
-- "If it be necessary, then nigga wet 'em, and I better go get 'em." -- Krayzie Bone (Thug Alwayz / Thug Mentality )
2) (v) Sexually excite a female.
-- "This drink is Gauranteed to get the pussy wet and the dick hard" -- 2Pac (Thug Passion / All Eyez On Me )
(n) The first radio station in New York that had a hip-hop show (Mr. Magic, the Awesome Two, Afrika Izlam). The station later changed its call letters to WNWK-FM.
wheels of steel
-- "My DJ Code Money on the wheels of steel" -- Schoolly D. (Gucci time).
(n) A nice looking car.
(n) Movie theatre in the Bronx - Diamond D.
1) (v) To get buckwild.
-- "The darkside where the real G's who ride" -- Macadoshish from Thug Life (Don't get twisted )
2) (n) The who ride is the act of getting wild and crazy, like a riot or an assassination, or any wild activity.
(n) Used to address someone as a friend, as in "What's up whodie", in the same way as words like "homey", "money", "playa" or "dogg".
(n) A derogatory term usually used by white people for white people that use black slang and that primarily socialize with black people.
(n) Sexual intercourse.
-- "Hey you two, I was once like you and I loved to do the wild thing" -- Tone Loc (Wild thing).
(adj) To act without without rational thought. Wilding was a term not used until the Central park jogger attack in 1989. The victim in this case was raped, and, upon being questioned, kids in the neighborhood of the attackers had said that they had done the "Wild Thing" (after the Tone Loc release). Misinterpreted by reporters not accustomed to the slurred speech of the attackers, the term wilding was born out of the NYC media's lust for a catch phrase. (Info from: "Black Studies, Rap and the Academy" by Houston Baker Jr.)
1) (n) Penis.
2) (n) Someone with money or status in the neighbourhood, a player or bawler.
(n) Erected penis. "Delivering the wood" stands for having sexual intercourse.
1) (n) Biblical (John1:1). "logos": truth.
2) (interj) Exclamation or term of endearment.
word is bond
(interj) Saying this means that what you are saying is absolutely correct, and you do not have to put up money to prove it, you just say it. The term originates from the financial markets where hirstorically traders woul tell each other "my word is bond", i.e. my word is good enough, you don't need it in writing.
-- "Cause I'm frontin' in my ride, and my word is bond" -- LL Cool J (The boomin' system ).
(n) (interj.) A question like "What's up?", or "What's the word?".
1) (v) To accomplish something.
2) (v) To destroy or break up.
-- "All they wanted to do is wreck and flex" -- Public Enemy (Burn Hollywood, burn ).
3) (v) To show great freestyling skills.
Have any Hip-Hop slang terms we dont? Please send them to us »
Digg This Page! Post Page To reddit Post Page To Del.icio.us Post page to Furl
Post Page To Technorati Post Page To BlinkList